Wednesday, April 30, 2008

one more week

The anticipation is growing and growing. My husband, whom I have not seen in almost 6 months, due to his deployment to Iraq, will be returning in one week. My heart is filled with joy, and I almost can not believe he will be here with us again. The boys miss him so badly, and I find myself having to be careful with talking about his return. They just don't understand time yet. I tell them only 3 more weeks, and they say, "but you said only one more". Well, I then have to explain to them that there is 4 weeks in a month so 3 weeks is actually less time then one month, and my middle two just look at me like I'm crazy. I give up. =)

I have this long to-do-list of things that I want to get done before my dear hubby arrives, but I find myself having to be reminded that although those things are important, the most important is being full of joy and peace when he returns. So I will be praying for the next week that God will help me to joyfully and peacefully accomplish these tasks. =)

Well, I have already stayed up way past a decent bed time already, so I better go get some rest. My days of staying up late and sleeping in late have been over a long time now. Having 4 small children, well, that just makes sleeping in close to impossible. And although that is true, I still have such a hard time getting to bed at a decent hour. And it's pretty pathetic when midnight is a decent hour to me! I'm hoping that that will change when Brian comes home. We'll see what kind of crazy schedule his body is on when he comes home =)

1 comment:

leah munday said...

Amber,
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! It is wonderful to see pictures and get updates of Brian. Can't wait for more pictures of all of you :)
You are absolutely the most amazing young woman, daughter, friend, wife and mother ever!!!
Love you so much!
Mom