Wednesday, November 26, 2008

With Thanksgiving only a couple days away, I find myself thinking of all the wonderful things that I have to be thankful for. The sad thing is, is that I complain about those same things on almost a daily basis. I am so thankful for a beautiful home that keeps us warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but I complain about all the chores that come along with it. I am so thankful for a vehicle that fits us all(for now at least..lol) and is completely paid off, but I complain about how the door gets stuck, and how many miles are on it, and so on. I am thankful that my husband works so hard so that we can have all the things we have and yet I complain when he has to work late. I am soooo thankful for my 4 beautiful boys, but I complain when they act like boys. lol. I am thankful for the ministry opportunities God has given me, but I complain about the time and energy that is required. My list could go on and on. For me, this Thanksgiving is not going to be just a day to be thankful, but a day to repent for my selfishness and my unthankfulness. It will be a day that I will ask God to help me reevaluate the blessings in my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's wonderful to read all about life at Edwards, but it also makes me realize just how much I MISS YOU!!!

Can't wait to see all of you at Christmas time :)

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Praise God for all your blessings, but especially your family! Nice to have this and be informed. All is fine here in FL. Missing allof you...even the ones I haven't met yet. Keep the faith & Lots of Love. Uncle Gregg.

Unknown said...

Amazing how we seem to see the hard parts of life and not the blessings ... thank you for your inspiration, my dear!
Nessa's Mom, Pam Johnson